Monday, April 21, 2008

Charlie Brown

Lately I've felt like Charlie Brown to the Alabama Senate's Lucy. They're holding the football and FTH keeps running up to kick it, but they pull it away at the last second. We keep getting our hopes up that they are going to get moving and pass some bills, but still nothing yet. Last Thursday was more of the same.

David White of the Birmingham News has the most detailed rundown of the situation I've seen yet: Gambling bill causing logjam in Alabama Senate

I've heard a rumor that there may, may be a deal on the table that could end the stalemate. But it's just a rumor. I'll believe it when I see it. We'll keep you posted.

The Senate will reconvene tomorrow at 10am.

posted by Danner at 6:47 AM     permanent link     


0 Comments:
Post a Comment   << Blog Home